Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus - what are you doing with your Talbot and / or yourself?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus - what are you doing with your Talbot and / or yourself?

Well I took mine in for MOT last week - passed of course! So nice to have a drive - 10 miles each way. Now she's cocooned in the garage and I'm self isolating. I'll leave her for a while but might well start on some improvements
    Good luck to everyone - yourself, families and your Talbot!
    Best wishes
    Guy

The list of things to do is long. The drivers door on my 95 has not shut well for most of the 39 years that I have owned it. The latch was hitting the striker plate too low. Having thought about wear in hinges and ruled it out because the shut lines are very good, I looked more closely. The door catch is mounted on a wooden strip which is screwed across the width of the door. I tightened the screws in the strip which helped and with judicious fettling I managed to lift the tongue about 1/8th inch. Now the door closes pretty well, certainly better than I can ever remember. The next problem is the quick drop window on that same door, it is difficult to close. I replaced all the glass in 1981 and I suspect the replacement glass is heavier than the original but apart from that the glass runs out of line as it closes and it misses the channel. as it reaches to last two inches. One day i shall get the engine and gearbox back into the car. If the corona virus is not over too quickly, the car could be finished soonish.

Comment

Continuing with Fuggle's recuperation. Typical of the process so far, I reach one milestone (getting it running and ready to road test) only to hit another snag (coronavirus lockdown)!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3944.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	644

I will continue to fit the bonnet (around Cecil's oil filter conversion) and put underlay under the carpet.

Comment

Took mine out of the garage on Wednesday but it meant moving 3 cars first before I could move it. Gave her a clean and put her away. I finished the restoration in 2014 and it's surprising how much cleaning and painting will be needed to get her back to a better condition. Too cold today!!

Comment

I made this the other day out of bits and pieces that were laid around.......after I saw how much they cost!! ‚Äč
          Attached Files

Comment

Having just moved house, I haven't visited here for a while! During lockdown one, I resprayed my boot lid in cellulose and was quite pleased with the result. Later in the year after the really hot weather and the car being in the garage, I had left the tonneau draped over the boot lid. To my horror it had melted into the new cellulose leaving nasty gouge like marks. I've tried to polish them out and although it looks really shiny, the marks are still there. It's going to have to be resprayed again but not until next year - so be warned of the softness of cellulose paint (it was about 3 months after being sprayed)

Comment

• Filter
            • Time
            • Show
            • New Topics
            Clear All
            No content found
            Show More

• Filter
            • Time
            • Show
            • New Topics
            Clear All
            Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
            Working...
            X