Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

I thought I would submit a post to say 'hello' to you all.

Hi Gordon
    welcome to the forum - sorry for not replying before!
    Best wishes
    Guy

Comment

Thanks Guy

Comment

Hello Gordon,
        I am new to this site so not 100% confident in what I am doing!

Comment

Hi I am in need of some information to complete the engine rebuild on my 1934 Talbot AV95 Light Six Wide Bodied Saloon.
          Can the cylinder head valve seats be machined out and replaced with new hard valve seats?
          Are there any machining issues such as break through into water galleries are stepped seats required?
          I have a long way to go with this car but I am on a roll at the minute and the engine is re white metalled re bored cam sorted followers re faced and I just need to fit the sump.
          Does anyone have a photo of the oil pump pick up filter and the Hobson Telegraph that goes into the sump?
          The car came to me having had its sump and radiator stolen for scrap, John Dodd sourced a sump for me and a radiator which was from a 75.
          I swapped my 75 radiator for a radiator and complete surround for a 95.
          I also need a Pre Selector gearbox as mine has been stripped and scattered to the four corners.
          I intend to re build the car as a four door saloon as these are quite rare now as most have been chopped to make other model copies.
          Any help would be much appreciated as I want to get her on the road.
          This car was a Stockport car and belonged to the Robinson Brewery family and was sold by David Rosenthal from the original Manchester airport.7n7
          The car was taken off the road in 1953 with smoking and gearbox issues and I rescued it in 2015.
          I would like to keep the original number but only have old tax discs from51,52, and 53 but DVLA no longer take these as proof of registration. Does anyone remember this car or have period photos?
          Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

• Filter
          • Time
          • Show
          • New Topics
          Clear All
          No content found
          Show More

• Filter
          • Time
          • Show
          • New Topics
          Clear All
          Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
          Working...
          X