Talbot's gone!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talbot's gone!!

What a sad day! My 90 was taken away on a trailer this morning! Bruce Young of Bruce Young Coachworks took her away. Of course she is going to be pampered and given a new shiny paint job.
    I painted her originally with cellulose but was unhappy with the colour which I had mixed to match the maroon fabric on the body - it looked too pink so I had the paint darkened by the supplier in Gloucester. Chris who I work with in his classic car workshop, sprayed it with the new cellulose. He said he'd never seen a cellulose finish like it, it was so shiny! It never really hardened properly so the bonnet straps dug into the bonnet paint, the bonnet sides eventually crazed and the headlamp shells. The paint sunk into the filler in the wings causing it to lift. All in all the car has always looked a mess. So all the removable bits are being dipped and stripped back to bare metal. Bruce is going to spray the chassis side members and all these removed bits in a deep maroon and maybe the fabric the same colour as well using two pack paint. So no 90 for a while but I'm really looking forward to the result as Bruce's work is second to none!

Click image for larger version

Name:	702uyf nov 2021.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	389.4 KB
ID:	945 She's back minus all the metalwork. Chassis side rails, petrol tank and body fabric all sprayed

Comment

• Filter
    • Time
    • Show
    • New Topics
    Clear All
    No content found
    Show More

• Filter
    • Time
    • Show
    • New Topics
    Clear All
    Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
    Working...
    X