Radiator Shutter Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Shutter Assembly

I am creating this post on behalf of Wavell Urry, he is having difficulty assembling the radiator louvres. Can anybody provide pictures of the upper mechanism or speak to Wavell to provide some assistance.
    You can contact Wavell via wavellurry@hotmail.com or look up his phone number via the Portal.
    Thankyou.

If you look on the old forum on the "75" section there is a thread on radiator slats I started for my old 75 saloon. There is also info on Talbot restorations - Graceland on the old forum. Trevor Andrews put the slats together on that car so he might be a good person to ask

Comment

I've done it a few times but I don't have any pics, what exactly is Wavell's problem? I'll drop him a line.

Whilst I am here, and I now am able to log in to this fine until the next hiccup, Glyn, I went to the Talbot owner's member's directory and it appears I need a different login name and password to get into that, which seems complete nonsense to me. I understand we need user names and passwords for online banking, but only one for each bank, but why in this world do we need two for the TOC? Why cannot the Talbot member's directory and any other parts that are deemed by the powers that be, need to be kept secret be accessed from within the forum, once access to that has been gained?

Please tell me how to get into the Talbot owner's directory, I have various user passwords that I have used previously, non of which seem to work now. It needs an email address, of which I only have one and please can I use the same password as needed to gain access to the forum. Whilst typing this I have had a message "invalid server response" . I have no idea what that refers to. I tried to post this and it is asking me to log in again, you may never to read this but when I return to the top of the page I appear to be logged in. Even worse, I enter my password and it comes up invalid.

Keep up the good work!!

Comment

Today there was a post on the TOC facebook page re radiator louvres. I believe the idea in the video may well be of the work that Bill Griffiths did. You can find it on the od Forum search for radiator louvres. Annoyingly I can't post the url of the page as a link "https://www.talbotownersclub.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1517644607/s-12/highlight-radiator+louvres/#num12" as this forum appears not to allow it if I insert it in the upload url box. That page covers Bill Griffith'scontribution and several others including James Wheildon and is a good read. Perhaps someone can tell me how to do it please.

Comment

Gordon, that was me. I was in contact with Bill before regarding technical details. I have made some minor modifications and am happy with the result.

If you need more information and details, please let me know.
          All the best Hans
          Last edited by hans knitsch; 07-06-2020, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Filter
          • Time
          • Show
          • New Topics
          Clear All
          No content found
          Show More

• Filter
          • Time
          • Show
          • New Topics
          Clear All
          Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
          Working...
          X