Hugh Mayes AX 65/75 restoration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugh Mayes AX 65/75 restoration.

This is a first attempt to emulate the Fuggles epic, for now I will briefly explain the background. I have already done a major body off rebuild of AGK508, the ex Tom & Di Threlfall 110 Alpine Replica, including a Cecil Schumacher gearbox rebuild, a recast starter motor sump from Ian Poulson, and subsequently a bottom end remetaling job when by pure luck I found the big end white metal had broken up big time but caught it before the crankshaft was damaged. If I can do it I will post a picture! It wants a URL and that is beyond my Ken.Clearly I can claim my efforts to be a success as AGK has ventured over the Alps to Monaco and competed in the Malta Classic.
    The AX saga is all James Fack’s fault! The mystery car was promoted as another potential Alpine Replica and this caught my attention, are there not enough already!? It appeared to have a 110 engine but was not only in a terrible state but had no documentation. But a classic D back saloon attracted me.
    Supper calls. More later.
    HM

Hugh
    That's great and really interesting. Restoration projects with regular updates and photos were really popular on the old forum
    Best wishes
    Guy

Comment

Hugh,

Good to see you've a worthwhile project during lockdown. Keep the updates flowing.

Comment

• Filter
      • Time
      • Show
      • New Topics
      Clear All
      No content found
      Show More

• Filter
      • Time
      • Show
      • New Topics
      Clear All
      Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
      Working...
      X