Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting

I have a 75 which I have had for some time with neither starting nor fuel problems. I am stuck at the moment with two issues. As it was not starting I checked the fuel filter which looked like it needed replacing which I did. I also took apart the fuel primer which had some small debris in it. After connecting up the fuel lines, filter and primer again I cannot get any fuel to fill the filter by using the primer. There is plenty of fuel in the tank. I am not an expert in vehicle maintenance but have gone through all of the logical causes of the problem but I am stuck so any advice would be welcome. Plenty of power from the battery and it has always started if not first time then second attempt.

The second issue is that the starter button which was always reliable now requires it to be turned into a specific place before a connection is made. It must be a problem with an electrical connection some where but i am not sure where to commence looking. When I bought the car it was fitted with a ring starter and does not use the trditional starting process.

Bob

Bob,

I assume that pump is the AC mechanical type. Could be a problem with the diaphragm having split or there springs failing. I would recommend talking Ian Potts as he is an expert in these areas.

Does your starter switch carry the full starting load or is it connected to a solenoid that switches the battery direct to the starter. I would recommend the latter but it is essential that the solenoid is correctly rated to handle the max current drawn by your starter motor.
    It sounds as though the switch needs dismantling to clean it out and possibly remake any of the contacts that are damaged.
    Gordon.

Comment

• Filter
    • Time
    • Show
    • New Topics
    Clear All
    No content found
    Show More

• Filter
    • Time
    • Show
    • New Topics
    Clear All
    Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
    Working...
    X