Misfiring - an unexpected cure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misfiring - an unexpected cure!

On the Dorset Dawdle my 75/90 drove beautifully until the Monday morning when it was running on 5 cylinders. Well James Wheildon and I looked at all the usual suspects - changed the plugs, checked the points, changed the rotor arm (the dizzie cap is new). Nothing worked so as I was close to our hotel I drove back to the car park. I decided to check the valve clearances but was stymied as I changed the adjusting bolts to allen key set screws. However the hotel manager came to the rescue and found the right key. The clearances were quite tight and some very tight! Anyway, job done, she fired up and now right as rain! I hadn't checked the clearances for some time - lesson learnt! I now carry an allen key as well

Guy,
    When fitting the Allen key bolts did you true up the tappet block faces they do up against? It has been suggested to me that these faces can be deformed by over tightening and lead to valve clearances altering during use.

Comment

Hi Gordon No I didn't! I've never over tightened them, but good point Gordon

Comment

• Filter
      • Time
      • Show
      • New Topics
      Clear All
      No content found
      Show More

• Filter
      • Time
      • Show
      • New Topics
      Clear All
      Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
      Working...
      X